Municipal Budget of Békéscsaba City of County Rank has a Total Budget 151.63 million EUR. The major income of the local government comes from local taxes: 12.14 million EUR.
The Municipal expenses consist of operational expenses: 34.87 million EURos, and investment expenditures: (68.50 million EUR).
The Modern Cities Program is launched by the Hungarian Government to finance the development of the 23 largest cities of the country, in the value of 292 million EURos.
Some of the main points of developments are the followings:
- Development of the M44 highway from Budapest to Békéscsaba
- Building the western bypass road of Békéscsaba
- Improving the Békéscsaba Regional Airport
- Establishing an Intermodal Container Terminal (train – road)
- Strengthening economy:
- Enlarging and opening new investment sites
- Strengthening industrial sites with infrastructural elements
- Fostering education
- Establishment of a Printing Knowledge and Educational Centre
Strengthening the higher educational opportunities in Békéscsaba. Besides the Modern Cities Program the EU finances urban development projects in total 47 million Euros.
Unique investment support is available through the HIPA (Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency).